miércoles, 6 de julio de 2011

Gengis Khan

“It is not sufficient that I suceed - all others must fail.”


“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”


"I will rule them by fixed laws [so] that rest and happiness shall prevail in the world.''


“As my calling is high, the obligations incumbent upon me are also heavy; and I fear that in my ruling there may be something wanting.”


"The merit of an action lies in finishing it to the end."


“Heaven grew weary of the excessive pride and luxury of China… I am from the Barbaric North. I wear the same clothing and eat the same food as the cowherds and horse-herders. We make the same sacrifices and we share.. our riches. I look upon the nation as a new-born child and I care for my soldiers as though they were my brothers.”


“A man’s greatest work is to break his enemies, to drive them before him, to take from them all the things that have been theirs, to hear the weeping of those who cherished them.”


“Those who were adept and brave fellows I have made military commanders. Those who were quick and nimble I have made herders of horses. Those who were not adept I have given a small whip and sent to be shepherds.”


“Be of one mind and one faith, that you may conquer your enemies and lead long and happy lives.”



'Conquering the world on horseback is easy; it is dismounting and governing that is hard.'

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario